Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lonely Snow Day

Aren't snow days supposed to be fun? I had an appointment down in my neck of the woods on Tuesday afternoon, and as I was driving east and about to jump on the main interstate, I considered continuing on to my home instead. I knew we were about to have a major snow storm, and I was positive we wouldn't have school the next day. Wouldn't it be nice to spend the day with my husband and stepdaughter? But I had to get back up to where I work, so that I didn't have to drive in the aftermath of the storm. So that I would be there already when we had school the next day. So that I would spend the snowday working on things for school/university that I definitely would NOT work on if I were at home with my hubby and girl. So here I am, stuck at my parents for day #2. When school was called off again, I actually teared up because I just really feel like I should be with my family. Especially considering all that is going on.
S is sick. Has been all weekend. J didn't get any sleep. He worked all night in the storm and then had to take our dog Roxie to the vet this morning. She had major surgery on her mouth, plus got lots of skintags removed. She ended up having to have 5 teeth pulled, too. They degenerated and were rotting. We are not getting the removed mass biopsied, as we would not invest in cancer treatment anyway. Missy, our other dog, became very nervous when she saw my husband come home without Roxie. (Can you imagine? "Hi Dad! Good to see you! So glad you guys are back! ....Wait a second......") She ended up making a mess on our living room floor awhile later.
Roxie is back home, groggy, with lots of scars. S is still sick, went to bed early, and was pretty crabby from what I hear. The best part about all this, though, is that our neighbors chipped in and worked together to clear our driveway and sidewalks while J was out and about today. They all know our situation and I think they were happy to help out (or they just felt obligated). When J told me that I was really moved...that is so nice. It also means something to me because it means that neighborhood is becoming more and more like....my home.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

You can start the countdown until you're with your family full time! Winter is almost over and spring will fly by!